On Monday evening, June 8th, 2020 the Fort Worth Police Department responded to a shooting call near the intersection of South Drive and W Seminary Drive. The victim reported that two black male suspects in a red vehicle, possibly a Toyota, confronted him as he was walking home from the Poop Deck bar. The victim reported that he told the suspects that he did not want trouble with them. As the victim began to walk away he was shot in the back.
If anyone has information about this incident, please contact the Fort Worth Police Department at 817-392-4222.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Always travel in pairs with trusted companions, especially at night or in remote areas.
- At night, walk-in well-lighted pedestrian routes.
- On-campus, use shuttle service, Froggy 5-0, and other escort services when available.
- When reporting suspicious activity, be a good witness. Describe exactly what you observe with as many details as possible. Give complete descriptions such as sex, race, height, weight, hair color, clothing, etc. If a vehicle is involved, note the color, make, model, and, if possible the license plate.
The campus community is highly encouraged to remain vigilant and immediately report any suspicious activity to TCU Police at 817-257-7777. Please program the number into your cellular telephone and download the FrogShield mobile app to facilitate a rapid police response. For off-campus emergencies, the FrogShield app will connect to 911. The best way to increase the safety and security of the campus community is to report suspicious activity before a crime can be committed.