Froggie Five-O Student Safety Service
Escorts operate between 7:00 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. during fall/spring semesters
To request an escort call 817.257.8563
Froggie Five-0 is a student safety escort service at TCU that provides well over 3,000 safety escorts a month to the campus community. Froggie-Five-0 is intended as a safety program, not a taxi service. The maximum number of riders allowed in our Froggie carts is 3 students and the Froggie driver. Priority is given to people walking alone and those who need an escort to or from remote areas of campus. Large groups are encouraged to walk in a group (safety in numbers) or use the other forms of transportation offered on campus.
While TCU Police officer escorts are offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Froggie 5-0 safety escorts operate between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. during the fall and spring semesters. If you need a safety escort from the parking lots to your residence hall or you’re injured and need transportation call for Froggie-Five 0. Please dial 817.257.8563 during normal operating hours to request a safety escort. Please only use the emergency phones at various locations near parking lots and around campus to request an escort if there is no other way for you to make contact with us.
Froggie Five-0 “Safety First” FAQs
To provide safety escorts on campus during evening hours. The Froggies are another layer of security provided by the TCU Department of Public Safety. Our Froggies provide a safe campus escort while being additional eyes and ears for suspicious or nefarious activity.
The Froggie Five-O Safety Escort Program has not changed its original concept of providing a safe escort to students, faculty and staff. If anyone on this campus wants a security escort at night, they will receive a security escort. We have added a Walking Security component to our program for shorter escorts.
The former program promoted and delivered convenience. The enhanced program will prioritize safety and serve only those needing a security escort.
- Situational Awareness
- Basic first aid/CPR
- Golf cart driving
- Customer Service and Professionalism
- Situational Escort Scenarios
- Dispatcher training / Radio etiquette
- Step 1: student fills out an application
- Step 2: conduct an interview and background check
- Step 3: if student is hired then the student will go to career services and be entered in the system to be eligible to work
- Step 4: Once paperwork is completed at career services then the student can be hired through the EPAF System. Once EPAF is completed by HR student can begin clocking in for work
- The same requirements that are needed to operate a regular vehicle
- Physically and mentally be able to operate a vehicle
During the Fall or Spring semesters
A starting salary increase is currently being considered.
- Froggie is very flexible when it comes to student hours. TCU student employees are allowed a maximum of 29 hours per week. Most current Froggies work two shifts a week.
- Max- 29 hours
- Min- at least 1 shift