- Is a parking permit needed at all times?
Yes. Anyone who wants to park on campus AT ANY TIME must have a parking permit, including visitors.
- Where do I get a permit?
All permits are distributed at the TCU Police Department during business hours (unless specific emails are sent stating otherwise). Students and employees can fill out the application online at www.my.tcu.edu before picking up their permit. Visitors can get a permit any time (24/7).
- I have a new vehicle with temporary license plates. What should I do?
Register your vehicle with the temporary plates and email the TCU Parking Department (email@example.com) when your new plates arrive to update your file. If you arrive on campus when the business office is closed, park in STUDENT parking until you get your permit. DO NOT park in visitor lots.
- What do I do if I have to drive a vehicle other than the one that has my permit?
The TCU Police Department is open 24/7 for those in need of a temporary parking permit. These hang tags are free of charge and can be issued for up to 30 days.
- Do I need a permit for my motorcycle/scooter/moped and where can I park?
Yes, these types of vehicles must be registered and have a parking permit. Parking is valid in any regular white-lined parking space (except visitor) and any section of a lot where a motorcycle can fit, but is not blocking a traffic lane, sidewalk or handicap ramp. Parking IS NOT allowed at bicycle racks, or in an area that requires driving on a sidewalk.
- How do visitors get permits and where can they park?
Visitor passes are available at the TCU Police Department 24/7. Visitors can park in visitor lots and any other white-lined space on campus. Visitor lots close at 3 a.m. every day and visitors should park in student lots when staying overnight on campus.
- Do I need to change my permit if I move on/off campus or from main campus to Worth Hills?
Yes, if your housing changes there is a good chance your permit type will change. If unsure, call the TCU Police Department for clarification.
- Who can park in Lot 8 (Admission) and when?
Between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., only visitors and those with the proper reserved permit can park in Lot 8. Commuters can park in this lot BEFORE 8 a.m. and AFTER 5 p.m.
- Can WH (Worth Hills) permits park anywhere other than the WHPG?
Worth Hills permits are allowed in student parking on the east campus from 5 p.m. – 3 a.m. weekdays and all day on weekends.
- How is information about lot closures and other parking information communicated?
All parking information is communicated through TCU email.